Saturday, July 19, 2014

Position profile posted

The new position profile was posted Thursday and can be found here: http://presidentialsearch.fsu.edu/position-description/

While I think this draft is infinitely better than the profile Funk offered, I have to agree with a faculty member who suggested that the qualifications as presented are an example of talking out of both sides of one's mouth. And while it has been suggested that this new profile would likely discourage non-traditional (i.e., political) candidates from applying or from pursing their applications because it is more academically-minded, the way the position reads now, the qualifications are preferred, not expected. Again, a much much better profile, but it still leaves me a bit wary of what is to come. But, I suppose being cautious is to be expected given all that has happened so far, and I do hope that the best-qualified candidates will apply even with the specter of a presumptive candidate still haunting the search. I'm quite curious to see what the focus of the condensed version of the ad that will be placed in The Chronicle and other outlets will be.